Duration: 5 days
Learn basic and advanced concepts and develop skills necessary to administer IT security fundamental and intermediate tasks.
- Security Managemen
- Object Management
- Licenses and Contracts
- Policy Rules and Rulebase
- Policy Package
- Policy Layers
- Traffic Inspection
- Network Address Translation
- Application Control
- URL Filtering
- Backup and Restore
- Policy Installation
- Advanced Deployments
- Management High Availability
- Advanced Gateway Deployment
- Advanced Policy Configuration
- Advanced User Access Management
- Custom Threat Protection
- Advanced Site-to-Site VPN
- Remote Access VPN
- Mobile Access VPN
- Advanced Security Monitorin
- Performance Tunin
- Advanced Security Maintenance
- Describe the primary components of a Check Point Three-Tier Architecture and explain how they work together in the Check Point environment.
- Identify the basic workflow to install Security Management Server and Security Gateway for a single-domain solution
- Create SmartConsole objects that correspond to the organization?s topology for use in policies and rules.
- Identify the tools available to manage Check Point licenses and contracts, including their purpose and use.
- Identify features and capabilities that enhance the configuration and management of the Security Policy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Application Control & URL Filtering and Autonomous Threat Prevention capabilities and how to configure these solutions to meet an organization?s security requirements.
- Describe how to analyze and interpret VPN tunnel traffic.
- Identify how to monitor the health of supported Check Point hardware using the Gaia Portal and the command line.
- Describe the different methods for backing up Check Point system information and discuss best practices and recommendations for each method.
- Deploy SmartConsole
- Install a Security Management Server
- Install a Security Gateway
- Configure Objects in SmartConsole
- Establish Secure Internal Communication
- Manage Administrator Access
- Manage Licenses
- Create a Security Policy
- Configure Order Layers
- Configure a Shared Inline Layer
- Configure NAT
- Integrate Security with a Unified Policy
- Elevate Security with Autonomous Threat Prevention
- Configure a Locally Managed Site-to-Site VPN
- Elevate Traffic View
- Monitor System States
- Maintain the Security Environment
- Identify the types of technologies that Check Point supports for automation.
- Explain the purpose of the Check Management High Availability (HA) deployment.
- Explain the basic concepts of Clustering and ClusterXL, including protocols, synchronization, and connection stickyness.
- Explain the purpose of dynamic objects, updatable objects, and network feeds.
- Describe the Identity Awareness components and configurations.
- Describe different Check Point Threat Prevention solutions.
- Articulate how the Intrusion Prevention System is configured.
- Explain the purpose of Domain-based VPNs
- Describe situations where externally managed certificate authentication is used.
- Describe how client security can be provided by Remote Access.
- Discuss the Mobile Access Software Blade.
- Define performance tuning solutions and basic configuration workflow.
- Identify supported upgrade methods and procedures for Security Gateways.
- Navigate the Environment and Use the Management API
- Deploy Secondary Security Management Server
- Configure a Dedicated Log Server
- Deploy SmartEvent
- Configure a High Availability Security Gateway Cluster
- Work with ClusterXL
- Configure Dynamic and Updateable Objects
- Verify Accelerated Policy Installation and Monitoring Status
- Elevate Security with HTTPS Inspection
- Deploy Identity Awareness
- Customize Threat Prevention
- Configure a Site-to-Site VPN with an Interoperable Device
- Deploy Remote Access VPN
- Configure Mobile Access VPN
- Monitor Policy Compliance
- Report SmartEvent Statistics
- Tune Security Gateway Performance
Technical professionals and experts who support, administer, or perform advanced deployment configurations of Check Point products.
One-year experience on Check Point products. Working knowledge of Windows, UNIX, networking technology, the Internet and TCP/IP is recommended.