Duration: 5 days
In this course you will learn how to create a new Citrix DaaS deployment on Citrix Cloud, with a resource location on Microsoft Azure. You will also learn how to migrate to Citrix DaaS from an on-premises Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site. Get hands-on as the course guides you through the architecture, communications, management, installation, and configuration of Citrix DaaS on Citrix Cloud and a Microsoft Azure resource location that will host apps and desktops for your users.
This course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills, to not only understand, manage, and deliver successfully, but also to make well-informed planning decisions along the way.
What you'll learn:
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR on-premises and the Citrix DaaS.
- Install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors.
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines to on-premises resource locations as well as in Microsoft Azure using MCS.
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR with Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on Microsoft Azure.
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix DaaS
- New Citrix Workspace Packaging
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops - On-Premises Site
- What is Citrix Cloud?
- Why Citrix DaaS?
- What is a Migration from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops to Citrix DaaS?
- Citrix Cloud Administration
Module 2: Planning - Citrix DaaS Architecture, Security, and Operations
- Architecture and Deployment Options
- Citrix DaaS Security
- Citrix DaaS Operations
Module 3: Planning - Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Cloud Connector Services and Communications Overview
- Cloud Connector Operations in a Resource Location
- Cloud Connector Resiliency
- Installing, Updating, and Removing Cloud Connectors
- Supported Domain Scenarios for Cloud Connectors
- Securing Cloud Connector Communications
- Local Host Cache (LHC)
- Citrix Cloud Connector vs Delivery Controller Operations
Module 4: Planning - Citrix DaaS Resource Locations
- Citrix DaaS Resource Locations
- Citrix DaaS Hosting Connections
Module 5: Active Directory, Authentication, and Authorization
- Active Directory Design Options
- Desktops from Non-Domain Joined VDAs
- Citrix Federated Authentication Service and Identity Provider Services
Module 6: Planning - Provisioning VDA Workloads and Delivering Resources
- Master Images
- Machine Creation Services (MCS) in Citrix DaaS
- Citrix Provisioning in Citrix DaaS
- Machine Catalogs
- Delivery Groups
- Citrix Cloud Library
Module 7: Planning - Provide Access in Citrix Cloud
- Selecting Between Citrix digital workspace experience and StoreFront
- Citrix StoreFront and Citrix digital workspace experience Communications
- Selecting Between Citrix Gateway Service and On-Premises Citrix Gateway
- Access Layer Communications
- User Authentication
Module 8: Planning - Citrix DaaS Administration
- Citrix Cloud Manage and Monitor
- Delegated Administration
- Citrix DaaS Remote PowerShell Software Development Kit
- Manage Multiple Resource Locations
Module 9: Planning - Public Cloud Considerations
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Using Autoscale to Power Manage Machines in a Public Cloud
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix DaaS Resource Location
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix DaaS Resource Location
- Google Cloud as a Citrix DaaS Resource Location
Module 10: Planning - Migrating to Citrix DaaS from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Citrix Automated Configuration Tool
- Citrix Image Portability Service
Module 11: Manage - Operations and Support in Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Connector Support
- Updating and Rolling Back Machine Catalogs
- VDA Restore
- Citrix Self-Help Strategy
- Monitor Your Environment
Module 12: Introduction to Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Partnering for Success
Module 13: Planning - Citrix DaaS Resource Location on Microsoft Azure
- Overview of Citrix DaaS Components
- Creating a Citrix DaaS Deployment Overview
Module 14: Planning - Microsoft Azure Overview
- Azure Virtual Network Structure
- Azure Virtual Network Connectivity
- Azure Virtual Resources
- Azure Active Directory Identity and Access Management
- Azure Active Directory Options and Considerations
Module 15: Planning - Deploying Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Citrix DaaS Resource Locations in Azure
- Citrix DaaS Components in Azure
- Creating and Managing Workloads in an Azure Resource Location
Module 16: Planning - Provide Access to End Users
- Providing Access to Resources in Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Gateway Deployment Options
- Deploying Citrix Gateway or ADC in Azure
- GSLB and StoreFront Optimal Gateway in Hybrid Environments
Module 17: Rollout - Citrix DaaS Deployment on Microsoft Azure
- Citrix Workspace App Rollout
- Preparing Migration of
- End-Users to Workspace Platform
Module 18: Managing - Citrix DaaS Workloads on Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining Citrix Gateway
- Backup and Monitoring in Azure
- Maintaining Master Images in Azure
- Monitoring VDAs in Manage Console and Azure
Module 19: Optimize - Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Managing Azure Costs
- Using Azure Pricing Calculator - Instructor Demo
Student Exercise - Calculate a case
This course is recommended for administrators and engineers.
Strong foundational knowledge of: Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
Active Directory, Policies, Profiles, Networking and Hypervisors.
This course helps prepares candidates to get the CC-DaaS-CC and CC-DaaS-MA certifications.