Duration: 3 days
This course provides the skills necessary to manage, support, and troubleshoot a Citrix XenMobile 10 Enterprise environment. Students with limited or no XenMobile experience will gain an understanding of what is required to maintain the components of a XenMobile Enterprise solution. Students will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment to understand basic details behind the installation of solution controllers, to configure and test policies, manage device and application usage, perform troubleshooting and reporting, and more.
Students are expected to leverage their own mobile device (personal or corporate-owned, not already enrolled in another Mobile Device Management solution) to use during hands-on lab exercises.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners should have a basic understanding of:
- Systems administration - primarily Windows
- Networking - IP addressing
- Subnetting and VPNs
- OSI Layers (including protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3)
- Web-based technologies - Web Services and .Net
- IT security standards - FIPS 140-2, PKI, SSL, SAML
- Technical components of an enterprise IT infrastructure, including Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, Firewalls and virtualization
- Networking and support challenges for wireless applications
Citrix recommends that students bring a mobile device (iPhone, Android or Windows device) to complete device enrollment and Worx-related exercises. This device should not be enrolled in another MDM solution, or would need to be unenrolled in order to use it to complete the mobile device-specific class exercises. Note: while Windows devices may be fully enrolled and used to test some configurations, they cannot be used in all exercises where iOS and Android devices may be used.