Duration: 2 days
The JNCIA-Junos Certification Bootcamp JP-JNCIA is a 2-day course that provides the foundational and practical knowledge required to begin configure Juniper routing products running Junos Software. This course will also help prepare networking professionals for the JNCIA-Junos Certification.
JNCIA-Junos exam topics are based on the content of the courses:
1. Introduction to the Operating System (IJOS)
2. Junos Routing Essentials (JRE)
3. Networking Fundamentals - WBT
Upon completion of this course students should be able:
- Describe the basic design architecture of the Junos OS
- Identify and provide a brief overview of Junos devices
- Navigate within the Junos CLI
- Perform tasks within the CLI operational and configuration modes
- Restore a Junos device to its factory-default state
- Perform initial configuration tasks
- Configure and monitor network interfaces
- Describe user configuration and authentication options
- Perform secondary configuration tasks for features and services such as system logging (syslog) and tracing, Network Time Protocol (NTP), configuration archival, and SNMP
- Monitor basic operation for the Junos OS and devices
- Identify and use network utilities
- Upgrade the Junos OS
- Perform file system maintenance and password recovery on a Junos device
- Navigate within the Junos J-Web interface
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts.
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables.
- Configure and monitor static routing.
- Configure and monitor OSPF.
- Describe the framework for routing policy.
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy.
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy.
- Write and apply a routing policy.
- Describe the framework for firewall filters.
- Explain the evaluation of firewall filters.
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters.
- Write and apply a firewall filter.
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF)
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Junos Operating System Fundamentals
- The Junos OS
- Traffic Processing
- Platforms Running the Junos OS
Chapter 3: User Interface Options
- User Interface Options
- The Junos CLI: CLI Basics
- The Junos CLI: Operational Mode
- The Junos CLI: Configuration Mode
Chapter 4: Initial Configuration
- Factory-Default Configuration
- Initial Configuration
- Interface Configuration
Chapter 5: Secondary System Configuration
- User Configuration and Authentication
- System Logging and Tracing
- Network Time Protocol
- Archiving Configurations
Chapter 6: Operational Monitoring and Maintenance
- Monitoring Platform and Interface Operation
- Network Utilities
- Maintaining the Junos OS
- Password Recovery
Appendix A: Interface Configuration Examples
- Review of the Interface Configuration Hierarchy
- Interface Configuration Examples
- Using Configuration Groups
Appendix B: The J-Web Interface
- The J-Web GUI
Chapter 2: Routing Fundamentals
- Routing Concepts: Overview of Routing
- Routing Concepts: The Routing Table
- Routing Concepts: Routing Instances
- Static Routing
- Dynamic Routing
Chapter 3: Routing Policy
- Routing Policy Overview
- Case Study: Routing Policy
- Lab 2: Routing Policy
Chapter 4: Firewall Filters
- Firewall Filters Overview
- Case Study: Firewall Filters
- Unicast Reverse-Path-Forwarding Checks
Appendix A: Class of Service
- CoS Overview
- Traffic Classification
- Traffic Queuing
- Traffic Scheduling
- Case Study: CoS
This course is recommended for learners with background in Pre-sales, technical engineers and partners looking to learn more about the Junos operating system.
This course will help prepare networking professionals for the JNCIA-Junos Certification.