Duration: 5 days
This five-day, instructor-led training course will enhance the student's understanding of how to configure and manage Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. The student will learn and get hands-on experience configuring, managing, and monitoring a firewall in a lab environment.
The Palo Alto Networks: Firewall 9.0: Essentials - Configuration and Management course is five days of instructor-led training that will enable you to:
- Configure and manage the essential features of Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls
- Configure and manage GlobalProtect to protect systems that are located outside of the data center perimeter
- Configure and manage firewall high availability
- Monitor network traffic using the interactive web interface and firewall reports
Module 1: Security Platform and Architecture
Module 2: Initial Configuration
Module 3: Interface Configuration
Module 4: Security and NAT Policies
Module 5: App-ID
Module 6: Content-ID
Module 7: URL Filtering
Module 8: Decryption
Module 9: WildFire
Module 10: User-ID
Module 11: GlobalProtect
Module 12: Site-to-Site VPNs
Module 13: Monitoring and Reporting
Module 14: Active/Passive High Availability
Module 15: Security Practices
This course is recommended for Security Engineers, Security Administrators, Security Operations Specialists, Security Analysts, Network Engineers, and Support Staff.
Recommended Prerequisite Knowledge:
- Students must have a basic familiarity with networking concepts including routing, switching, and IP addressing. Students also should be familiar with basic security concepts. Experience with other security technologies (IPS, proxy, and content filtering) is a plus.
At this time there is no associated certification with this course.