Duration: 4 days
Learn how to better configure, manage, and monitor PAN-OS threat prevention features.
Successful completion of this four-day, instructor-led course will enhance the student's understanding of how to better configure, manage, and monitor PAN-OS threat prevention features. The student will get hands-on experience configuring, managing, and monitoring threat prevention features in a lab environment.
The Palo Alto Networks: Firewall 9.0: Optimizing Firewall Threat Prevention course is four days of instructor-led training that will enable you to:
- Describe the cyber-attack lifecycle and recognize common forms of attack
- Describe PAN-OS threat prevention capabilities
- Use firewall logs and reports to make better configuration decisions
- Configure the firewall to detect, block, and record threats
Module 1: The Cyber-Attack Lifecycle
Module 2: Blocking Packet- and Protocol-Based Attacks
Module 3: Blocking Threats from Known-Bad Sources
Module 4: Blocking Threats Using App-ID
Module 5: Blocking Threats Using Custom Applications
Module 6: Creating Custom Threat Signatures
Module 7: Blocking Threats in Encrypted Traffic
Module 8: Blocking Threats in Allowed Traffic
Module 9: Blocking Threats from Stolen Credentials
Module 10: Viewing Threat and Traffic Information
This course is recommended for Security Engineers, Security Administrators, Security Operations Specialists, Security Analysts, Network Engineers, and Support Staff.
Recommended Prerequisite Knowledge:
- Students must have a basic familiarity with networking concepts including routing, switching, and IP addressing.
At this time there is no associated certification with this course.