Duration: 2 days
Provide advanced troubleshooting skills to investigate and resolve more complex issues that may occur while managing your Check Point Security environment.
What you'll learn:
- Advanced Troubleshooting
- Management Database and Processes
- Advanced Kernel Debugging
- User Mode Troubleshooting
- Advanced Access Control
- Understanding Threat Prevention
- Advanced VPN Troubleshooting
- Acceleration and Performance Tuning
- Understand how to use Check Point diagnostic tools to determine the status of a network.
- Understand how to use network packet analyzers and packet capturing tools to evaluate network traffic.
- Become familiar with more advanced Linux system commands.
- Obtain a deeper knowledge of the Security Management architecture.
- Understand how the Management database is structured and how objects are represented in the database.
- Understand key Security Management Server processes and their debugs.
- Understand how GuiDBedit operates.
- Understand how the kernel handles traffic and how to troubleshoot issues with chain modules.
- Understand how to use the two main procedures for debugging the Firewall kernel and how they differ.
- Recognize User mode prcesses and how to interpret their debugs.
- Discuss how to enable and use core dumps.
- Understand the processes and components used for policy installs and processing packets in Access Control policies.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug issues that may occur with App Control and URLF.
- Understand how to debug HTTPS Inspection-related issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Content Awareness issues.
- Understand how IPS works and how to manage performance issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot Anti-Bot and Antivirus.
- Recognize how to troubleshoot and debug Site-to-Site VPN-related issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Remote Access VPNs.
- Understand how troubleshoot Mobile Access VPN issues.
- Recognize how to use SecureXL features and commands to enable and disable accelerated traffic.
- Understand how the server hardware and operating system affects the performance of Security Gateways.
- Understand how to evaluate hardware configurations for optimal performance.
Lab Exercises Include:
- Monitoring Network Traffic
- Debugging Management Processes
- Exploring the Postgres and Solr Databases
- Troubleshooting Management Synchronization
- Analyzing Traffic Issues Using Kernel Debugs
- Debugging User Mode Processes
- Troubleshooting Application Control and URL Filtering
- Troubleshooting IPS
- Evaluating Threat Prevention Products
- Debugging Site-to-Site VPN
- Troubleshooting Remote Access VPN
- Testing Mobile Access VPN
- Evaluating SecureXL
- Modifying CoreXL
- Evaluating Hardware-related Performance
- Tuning and Software Optimization
This course is designed for security experts and Check Point resellers who desire to obtain the necessary knowledge required to perform more advanced troubleshooting skills while managing their security environments.
Prior to taking this course, it is recommended that learners possess the following:
- Working knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of Networking TCP/IP
- CCSE training/certification
- Advanced knowledge of Check Point Security products
At this time there is no associated certification with this course.