06/12/2023 - 06/13/2023
10:00am ET - 6:00pm ET
Check Point Certified VSX Specialist
Duration: 2 days
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of the Check Point VSX solution and describes how to deploy it within the corporate network environment.
- VSX Overview
- Virtual System Installation and Configuration
- VSX Clustering
- Advanced VSX Features
- Troubleshooting VSX
- Explain the benefits of virtual network security.
- Understand the basic functions, components, and advantages of VSX technology.
- Examine the VSX management infrastructure and understand how traffic flows within a VSX network.
- Discuss options for deploying VSX technology within various types of organizations.
- Understand how to install and configure VSX Gateways and Virtual Systems.
- Describe different routing schemes and features that are available to use within the VSX environment.
- Understand how to deploy additional VSX networking configurations that may be required in the environment.
- Understand the differences between deploying physical Security Gateway Clusters and VSX Gateway Clusters.
- Understand how Virtual System Load Sharing works to enhance VSX network performance.
- Understand how to use the VSX Provisioning Tool to add and remove virtual devices.
- Recall how CoreXL technology enhances Security Gateway performance and recognize how to use the technology in a VSX environment.
- Understand how to employ tools for optimizing resources allocated in a VSX environment.
- Identify various VSX command line tools commonly used to retrieve information and perform configuration changes.
- Understand how to use VSX utility commands to perform various maintenance tasks for the VSX environment.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug issues that may occur in a VSX environment.
- Configuring the VSX Environment
- Deploying a Virtual System with a Physical Interface
- Deploying a VS with Bonded VLAN Interfaces
- Configuring Virtual System HA
- Converting VSX High Availability to Virtual System Load Sharing
- Maintaining the VSX Environment
- Using the CLI to Manage VSX
- Performance Tuning in VSX
- Troubleshooting VSX Issues
- Upgrading a VSX Environment
This course is recommended for technical professionals who need to install, configure, and manage Virtual Security Extension (VSX) solutions within their network security environment.
Prior to taking this course, it is recommended that learners possess the following:
- Check Point CCSA Certification
- Check Point CCSE Certification
There is no certification associated with this class at this time.