Duration: 2 days
In this course you willLearn to deploy and manage your Citrix DaaS deployment on Microsoft Azure. Gain the skills to plan your machine catalog and virtual machine design based in Microsoft's public cloud and get hands-on practice deploying those machines using Machine Creation Services. You will also learn about additional Azure considerations including maintenance and power management which are critical in a cloud environment.
For remote access, you will learn to configure Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on the Azure platform. This course focuses on Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud resource location however concepts are relevant to both Citrix Cloud and fully managed Citrix DaaS sites.
What you'll learn:
- Prepare the Azure environment for secure integration with Citrix DaaS.
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines in Microsoft Azure using Machine Creation Services.
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix DaaS with Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Design Machine Catalogs and virtual machines on Microsoft Azure Resource Manager.
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on Microsoft Azure.
Module 1: Introduction to Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Partnering for Success
Module 2: Planning - Citrix DaaS Resource Location on Microsoft Azure
- Overview of Citrix DaaS Components
- Creating a Citrix DaaS Deployment Overview
Module 3: Planning - Microsoft Azure Overview
- Azure Virtual Network Structure
- Azure Virtual Network Connectivity
- Azure Virtual Resources
- Azure Active Directory Identity and Access Management
- Azure Active Directory Options and Considerations
Module 4: Planning - Deploying Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Citrix DaaS Resource Locations in Azure
- Citrix DaaS Components in Azure
- Creating and Managing Workloads in an Azure Resource Location
Module 5: Planning - Provide Access to End Users
- Providing Access to Resources in Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Gateway Deployment Options
- Deploying Citrix Gateway or ADC in Azure
- GSLB and StoreFront Optimal Gateway in Hybrid Environments
Module 6: Rollout - Citrix DaaS Deployment on Microsoft Azure
- Citrix Workspace App Rollout
- Preparing Migration of End-Users to Workspace Platform
Module 7: Managing - Citrix DaaS Workloads on Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining Citrix Gateway
- Backup and Monitoring in Azure
- Maintaining Master Images in Azure
- Monitoring VDAs in Manage Console and Azure
Module 8: Optimize - Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Managing Azure Costs
- Using Azure Pricing Calculator - Instructor Demo
- Student Exercise - Calculate a case
This course is recommended for administrators and engineers.
Strong foundational knowledge of Citrix DaaS.
This course helps prepares candidates to get the CC-DaaS-MA certification.