Effective January 31, 2021, Check Point is changing their Certification model. Introducing these changes will encourage partners and students to maintain active Check Point certifications and expand their knowledge on more technology beyond the core network security training.
Key changes to the program include:
• Allowing security professionals with active core certifications to extend the validity of their certifications by achieving Infinity Specialization Accreditations
• Providing new options for maintaining and renewing certifications
• A new path to Check Point’s most advanced technical credential – the CCSM
• The addition of a new certification achievement level of technical mastery – the CCSM Elite
This core 3-day technical certification course provides an understanding of basic concepts and skills necessary to configure and manage Check Point Security Gateways and Management Software Blades. Exam # 156-215.80
Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE)
This advanced 3-day security engineering course provides an in-depth explanation of Check Point technology and an understanding of skills necessary to effectively design, maintain, optimize, and protect your enterprise network from aggressive cyber threats.
Exam # 156-315.80
Check Point Certified Security Master
With Check Point’s new path to Security Mastery, you will need to achieve 2 Infinity Specialist Accreditations after the CCSE.
Check Point Certified Security Master Elite
To achieve Check Point’s new Security Master ELITE you will need to pass 2 Infinity Specialist Accreditations after the CCSM.
Infinity Specialist Accreditations
Check Point’s Infinity Specialist Accreditations are designed to enable Security professionals to demonstrate that they understand the concepts and skills needed to administer, deploy and manage specific Security solutions within the Check Point Infinity Cyber Security Architecture. Infinity Specialist Accreditations are also the building blocks to the Security Master and Security Master Elite certifications.
Certification Extensions & Renewals
Pass an Infinity Specialist Accreditation (ISA) to extend a valid Core certification for 1-year.
- A CCSA may be extended a maximum of two times by passing 2 different ISAs. (CCSA must be current, not expired)
- A CCSE may be extended one time. A second ISA will award the Accreditation and the CCSM Certification! (The CCSE must be current, not expired)
- A CCSM may be extended one time. A second ISA will award the Accreditation and the CCSM Elite Certification! (The CCSE must be current, not expired)
The CCSA or the CCSE exam may be retaken as a means to recertify.
- If the CCSA or CCSE is retaken and passed before it expires, the certification will be renewed for 2 years from the previous expiration date.
- The CCSE Update exam will no longer be the exam for recertifying a CCSE. It will be retired on 31 March 2021.